- Company Name
- Zest Energy Pty L:td
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- PO Box 1462. Rozelle, NSW 2039
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Jon Pemberton
- Managing Director
- 0409 263 804
- 0409 263 804
- Company Overview
Zest Energy is the Australian Representative for Kokam Co.Ltd of South Korea. Kokam is a world leader in the supply of Lithium Polymer Batteries for military and civilian applications. kokam cells excel when high energy density and/or high power is required for military applications such as in submarines, to power both ancillary equipment and also main propulsion. Kokam batteries are most economical when reliability is mission critical and when long cycle life is mandated with a very high depth of discharge. Kokam's SLPB Lithium-ion batteries are capable of operating over a wide temperature range and specific chemistries are available tailored for specific military applications.
- Lithium Polymer batteries for diverse Military and Civilian applications
- Project Management
- Consulting: Energy Management, Sustainability and Efficiency
- Showcase Capability
Kokam Lithium cells for main propulsion and other applications powering weapons and other support systems
- High Energy Density Lithium cells 130 - 200Wh/kg
- Lithium Titanate cells with range of operation -30 - 60 deg C
- Vertically integrated supplier from raw materials to turn key source of stored energy
- Extensive marine applications for main and hybrid propulsion, sub sea and surface
- Up to 8C/8C max continuous cell Charge/Discharge rates
- Cells from 2Ah to 240Ah
- Specialised cells for applications such as powering James Cameron's Deep Sea Challenger and the Solar Impulse
- Safety features built in at the cell level
- Key customers
- Hyundai Heavy Industries, customer of Kokam, cells for submarines, various applications
- TransGrid customer of Zest, Energy Storage solutions
- Kepco Electric Power Co, Korea, customer of Kokam, Energy Storage solutions
- Duke Energy, USA, customer of Kokam, Energy Storage solutions
- Key Partners
- Kokam Co, Ltd
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Underwriters Laboratories
- UL Japan
- C Tick
- IEC 62109
- AS 4777
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.