- Company Name
- Welding Technology Institute of Australia
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 69 003 696 526
- Level 3, Building 3 20 Bridge Street, Pymble NSW 2073
- Postal Address
- PO Box 197 Macquarie Park BC NSW 1670
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
DTC - Defence Teaming Centre
Primary Point of Contact
- Paolo Corronca
- Technology Manager
- +61 438 012 099
- Company Overview
The WTIA is a not-for-profit peak body representing the interests of Australian welding. We are an independent organisation that can be relied upon to deliver impartial advice. A significant part of our role is to provide government and private sector asset owners and managers with advice in relation to the procurement and delivery of major projects and shutdowns.
We offer solutions with integrity which deliver to our customers:
• positive financial outcomes;
• effective risk minimisation strategies
WTIA is the Australian representative member of the International Institute of Welding (IIW).
The WTIA is currently working with the Defence Primes, TAFE and the Australian Government to create the Australian Welder Certification Register. The AWCR provides a national framework for qualifying and testing welders to International Standard ISO9606 and will service the Australian Defence industry by making readily available a pool of professional qualified welders, trained and ready to meet project requirements.
WTIA offers services to the industry to assist local enterprises to be competitive, locally and internationally. Our expertise and experience spans steel manufacture, fabrication, welding, NDT, design, quality systems, documentation and more, enabling WTIA to provide complete auditing and inspection services.
- Expert Advisory Services
- Company and Personnel Certification
- Technology Transfer
- Inspection & Audit
- Showcase Capability
Joining Solutions You Can Trust
WTIA has a team of highly qualified welding engineers and materials specialists available to provide expert advisory services on all welding and materials related matters. Furthermore, we have a group of expert consultants from industry and academia who we can call upon to provide specialist advice if required.
Our advice can help you substantially increase the operational life of your plant and equipment and thereby reduce your maintenance and repair overheads.
We specialise in:
- Welding and joining technology
- Processes and procedures
- Robotic solutions
- Safety and quality systems and audits
- Independent third party opinion - including expert opinion for legal litigation cases
- Engineering and design services - including review of drawings and contract documents to ensure meeting the requirements and common understanding between parties
Metallurgical investigations of failure analysis
Training & Certification
WTIA delivers a range of courses for professional development and formal qualification. As an International Institute of Welding (IIW) Authorised National Body (ANB) and an Authorised Training Body (ATB) we are able to provide internationally recognised qualifications.
WTIA also provides a number of specialist industry based courses which can be delivered either in a public forum or tailored specifically for individual companies.
- WTIA is the Australian representative member of the International Institute of Welding (IIW)
- WTIA is the IIW Authorised National Body (ANB) in Australia
- WTIA is the IIIW Authorised Training Body (ATB) in Australia
- Key customers
- Key Partners
- BAE SYSTEMS
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- The WTIA is a certifying body accredited by the International Institute of Welding.
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.