- Company Name
- Way Out Evacuation Systems
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- Way Out Evacuation Systems
- Suite 3, 40 - 44 Wells Street, Frankston, 3199, Victoria
- Postal Address
- PO Box 11181, Frankston, 3199, Victoria
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Australian Industry & Defence Network
Primary Point of Contact
- Aston Smith
- Managing Director
- Company Overview
Way Out has been supplying the Department of Defence (CAGE Z2K90) for over 20 years in relation to both luminous and non-luminous products/signage, including Low location lighting (LLL) and Evacuation Systems.
Wayout use luminous ink ('Lumink TM ') as an alternative to luminous PVC film for the photoluminescent signage; Lumink complies with safety regulations outlined in the Naval Ship Code, IMO and SOLAS regulations. Furthermore, Lumink in the only ‘Red light’ compliant product available on the market, exceeding the criteria required by NATO standard ANEP-77, as measured by an ISO 17025/NATA accredited laboratory testing, after 9 hours.
- Signage: all types
- Safety/Regulatory, Wayfinding, Identification Signage
- Photoluminescent Signage
- Funnel signs, machine labels, decals, tags, tallies, pennants, labels, banners
- Stair nosings and railing
- Low Location Lighting & Exit Path Marking (LLEPM)
- The Facilitator Platform: Risk Management & Contingency
- Consulting & LLEPM Auditing
- Showcase Capability
Red light compliant luminous and non-luminous products/signage, including Low location lighting (LLL) and Evacuation Systems.
- 1st company in the world to develop luminous ink (Lumink TM), can be printed onto any substrate
- Luminous signage meets/exceeds "Red Light" requirements per ISO15370 for 9 hour
- Risk Management Platform: Easy to use, maintain, audit and control
- Key customers
- Collins Class Submarines - Photoluminescent Signage
- Landing Helicopter Docks (LHDs) – Navantia/BAE Systems - Photoluminescent Signage
- Air Warfare Destroyer (ASC) - Photoluminescent signage, tallies, labels
- Department of Defence (CAGE Z2K90) - Photoluminescent Signage, tags, ID's, flags
- Key Partners
- Arciruh Pty Ld
- Aluminium Industries
- Armstrong International
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001:2008 LRQA
- Defence Codification – Z2K90; LoRS
- Lloyds type approvals per SOLAS, NATO (ANEP-77), IMO and NCC regulations
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.