- Company Name
- W. E. Smith Pty Ltd
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 095 215 759
- Hamilton Drive Boambee NSW 2450 PO Box 274, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
NSW Business Chamber
Primary Point of Contact
- William VanVliet
- +61 2 6650 8888
- +61 419 252 317
- Company Overview
W. E. Smith specializes in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of process and heat exchange equipment for power generation, oil and gas, petrochemical refining and mineral process industries.
The continuous development of quality systems and welding technology in-house has enabled W E Smith to establish itself as the premier supplier of shell & tube heat exchanger and specialist vessels and columns in Australia. This includes equipment manufactured in exotic materials such as 5% chrome-moly, stainless
steels, duplex & super-duplex stainless steels, titanium, incolloy, hastelloy, zirconium, nonferrous materials, bespoke clad materials and heavy wall thicknesses (to 300mm).
The company is fully accredited to a wide variety of international standards for this industry. Their experience and know how enables W E Smith to competitively supply turn key engineered solutions and provide through life support to high profile clients worldwide.
W E Smith was established in 1922 in Sydney, Australia, transferring its operation to a purpose built fabrication facility in Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia in 1968. The fully self contained manufacturing facility enables all aspects of heat exchanger and vessel manufacture to be undertaken in-house. This turn key approach includes all activities from engineering and design through to machining, forming, fabrication, stress relief, pressure testing, NDT and final surface treatment, packing and preservation.
- Welding Technologies
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Workshop
- Site Services
- Engineering Services
- Research and Development
- Showcase Capability
Products - All TEMA type heat Exchangers, LP and HP Heaters, Pressure Vessels, Autoclaves, Columns & Towers, Reboilers, Process Equipment, Reactors, Storage Facilities, Tanks and Bullets, Process Packages Filters distributor.
Ca.S.T.Im. 2000 Srl Distributor
Engineering Services - Thermal Design, Mechanical Design, Drafting
Research & Development - Flush Batten Strip Technology, Patented Anti Vibration Technology
Manufacturing Expertise and Capabilities - Welding Technologies, Project Management, Manufacturing workshop, Site Services
- W E Smith has established a highly regarded global reputation for reliability, quality and on time supply. The company is well recognized internationally with world leading companies and is a prequalified supplier to both end users and EPC companies serving them. This reputation has been attained over 93 years through the company’s continued commitment to: • Maintaining the highest standards in thermal and mechanical design. • Continued in-house development of manufacturing and welding technology and embrace the latest advances in materials and code / specification requirements. • Maintaining the highest quality of designed and manufactured equipment through our accredited systems.
- W E Smith is a recognized leader in design and manufacture of conventional and emerging technologies for power generation. It is this experience and long standing track record that makes W E Smith the reliable source of design and manufacture for the power industry.
- W E Smith has been involved since the first construction of the petrochemical refining industry in Australia. We continue to serve the industry with new innovative solutions and refurbished equipment as well as on and off site repairs.
- From emerging offshore FLNG technologies, to major onshore developments, W E Smith has equipment installed on many of the worlds’ largest projects. It’s the experience gained by providing superior designs and high quality of manufacture that gives our customers a guarantee of quality.
- W E Smith has a long association with mineral process industries particularly Alumina, nickel and gold. The company has the experience and know how to deal with the high pressure and corrosive environments within these processes
- The Health and Safety of all persons employed and visiting W E Smith is considered to be of the utmost importance. In line with the importance attached to occupation health and safety, our systems comply with all relevant Acts and Regulations and ensure that the workplace is safe and without risk to health. We have a fully implemented WHS management system compliant to AS4801. Our organisation has a full time safety & environmental coordinator to control and monitor our health and safety systems and performance.
- Key customers
- Exxon Mobil / Esso
- Woodside Energy Ltd
- BHP Billiton
- Queensland Alumina Ltd
- Queensland Nickel
- Worley Parsons
- ASC (Aust. Sub Marine Corp)
- Toyo Eng Corp
- JGC Corporation
- Macquarie Generation
- LG Engineering
- Kellogg Brown & Root
- Foster Wheeler
- Dyno Nobel Asia Pacific Pty Ltd
- Shedden UHDE
- Ravensthorpe Nickel
- Heinan Ammonia
- Weatherly Inc
- Key Partners
- Borsig Services Australian
- BRC Engineering and Construction
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO-9001, ASME U/U2/S & EU-PED
- NATA accredited Non-Destructive Testing and Mechanical Testing Laboratories
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.