- Company Name
- VMS International (trading as TR VMS)
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 29 118 022 549
- 18 Joseph Street, Blackburn North, Vic, 3130
- Postal Address
- PO Box 1185, Blackburn North VIC 3130
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Australian Industry Defence Network - NSW and QLD Royal Aeronautical Society Affiliate Member
Primary Point of Contact
- David Brady
- Sales Engineer
- 02 8712 2040
- 0432 751 191
- Company Overview
VMS International P/L, trading as TR VMS, is a Nata accredited Test Equipment and Tooling Calibration Laboratory, which has been providing high quality test equipment calibration services to a range of industries for over 30 years.
TR VMS has its headquarters based in Blackburn North, VIC, as well as two calibration laboratories operating at Prestons, NSW and Rocklea, QLD.
The Prestons facility is a state-of-the-art standards calibration laboratory, which was first accredited by Nata in 1954.
The Rocklea facility includes the services of a Mobile Calibration Laboratory (MCL) offering the convenience of on-site support for large or critical equipment. All facilities are currently providing services to Defence and Defence Prime contractors Australia wide.
TR VMS is currently the authorised Australian service agent for Barfield Aviation Ground Support equipment, Megger Electrical Test Equipment, Stahlwille Torque Tools, GEC Aircraft and Truck Weighing Platforms, and GE Measurement and Control products. The GE products include Air Data Test sets, Pressure and Temperature calibration equipment. TR VMS support capabilities encompass calibration, service and repairs through to on-site technical assistance, as well as product sales of Barfield, GE M&C, and other manufacturers.
TR VMS are well experienced when it comes to Defence contracts and are currently undertaking a 10 year, sub-contract calibration solution for a major Defence Contractor. This is a turnkey solution providing Project/Program Management, Calibration Services, Quality Assurance Services, Engineering and Technical Services. The sub-contract provides a service to calibrate and support test equipment for the Australian Defence Force.
- Calibration of Test and Measurement Equipment, with areas of measurement in Pressure and Vacuum, Temperature and Humidity, Electrical, Electronic, Communications, Frequency and Time, Torque, Metrology, Force and Tension, Weights and Scales, Vibration, High Voltage, and Electrical Standards.
- Showcase Capability
Our capabilities in measurement include
• Pressure to 83 MPa (NATA)
• Frequency to 18 GHz (NATA)
• High Voltage to 100 kV dc and 75 kVrms (0.01 Hz to 600 Hz) ac (Traceable)
• Temperature -40°C to 650°C (NATA)
• Torque to 1500 Nm (NATA), 3000 Nm (Traceable)
• Standards Laboratory role for ac/dc voltage and current, resistance,
capacitance and inductance as well as RF power
We are continually improving our capabilities including at present, pressure to vacuum, vibration, torque transducers, and high voltage.
We are the Approved Australian Agent for:
◦ Service and distribution of General Electric (GE) Measurement and Control, Pressure, Level and Aerospace product range
◦ Service and distribution of Barfield Aviation Ground Support Test Equipment
◦ Service of General Electrodynamics Corporation (GEC) Aircraft and Truck Scales
◦ Service of Megger Electrical and Stahlwille Torque Products
- • Long history of support to Defence, Aerospace, and Major Defence Contractors.
- • Broad range of measurement capabilities covering over 10000 models from different manufacturers
- • Total Asset Management solutions including calibration, logistics and booking management
- • Proven system that efficiently manages call-outs, reporting, and traceability (Greater than 98% of items returned within agreed turnaround time on existing defencecontract)
- Booking Service, Standard and Hypercal (next job on bench) Service
- A Division of the TR Pty Ltd, offering other procurement options in test equipmnet and radio rental
- Mobile (NATA) Calibration Laboratory
- Key customers
- Raytheon Australia, Calibration and repair services for Australian Defence Force
- TAE Amberley, Calibration and repair service
- Airbus Helicopters, Calibration and repair service
- ASC, Calibration of test equipment
- Key Partners
- GE Measurement and Control, supplier of Pressure, Temperature, and Air Data Test equipment
- General Electrodynamics Corporation, Supplier of Aircraft and Truck Scales
- TR Pty Ltd is our parent company which also includes divisions of Tech Rentals, TR Hirecom, and TR Telecom
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO9001 Quality Management System
- ISO17025, General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories, First accredited by NATA in 1954
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.