- Company Name
- University of Adelaide
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- ABN 61 249 878 937
- Ingkarni Warwdli North Terrace Adelaide South Australia SA 5005
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
DTC (through Adelaide Research & innovation)
Primary Point of Contact
- Paul Arthur
- Business Development Defence
- Company Overview
The University of Adelaide is part of the Group of Eight Australian Universities who are research intensive and pre-eminent in education.
The University of Adelaide has extensive research and development activities from TRL 1 through to 7 depending on the science and technology area.
Specifically the Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences Faculty and the Institute of Photonics and Sensing have significant research underway that relates to future technologies relevant for the ship-building community. In addition we are undertaking CTD programs for the DoD that further advance knowledge and technology in this space.
- Research and Education
- Showcase Capability
Technologies related to:
Quieter submarines (noise and vibration technology)
Novel antenna systems
Software system execution modelling (combat system enhancement)
Novel electrical machines (high efficiency)
Novel pump (eg bilge pump/motor combinations matched to enhance efficiency)
Photonics and Sensing Capability
Fluid dynamics modelling capability
- The University of Adelaide wanst to be solving real-workd problems and we understand the systems nature of the real world and can provide researchers across disciplines to research adn resolve such problems. W ehaeva a long history with the Defence Science & technology Group and so are well versed in dealing with Defence and Defence Industry
- Key customers
- Defence Science & Technolgy Group
- Key Partners
- We deal with several large companies and SMEs as well as providing a pool of graduates for the workforce.
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- TEQSA - Education standard for the conduct of education
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.