- Company Name
- Stirling Dynamics
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- Regent Street Bristol UK BS8 4HG
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Mark Cook
- Chief Executive Officer
- +44 117 915 2480
- +44 7768 356242
- Company Overview
Stirling has over 25 years in the design and development of control systems and provision of technical services for the defence and aerospace market.
Of relevance to SEA 1000 is Stirling's capability in submarine systems where we are the current supplier of the safety-critical steering, diving and hover control software for the UK's Astute class submarine.
Prior to that Stirling has supported 10 worldwide navies in the design and test of a wide range of submarines from the German Type U214, and other diesel electric boats, through to the UK's Trafalgar class.
In addition to these control systems Stirling has developed whole-boat simulation models to support performance assessments and tuning.
To support the autopilot functionality Stirling has a range of active feedback control input devices, such as side-sticks and throttles which are used primarily in high-fidelity simulators for fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft. These control devices have recently been integrated into our FASC (Full Authority Submarine Control) system which is a technology demonstrator aimed at future platforms such as the UK's Successor project.
- Submarine control systems
- Real-time safety critical software
- Active feedback control devices
- Submarine whole-boat simulation
- Showcase Capability
Submarine control systems - steering, diving, hover
Active feedback control devices
Submarine whole-boat simulation
- Decades of experience with multiple submarine platforms
- A detailed understanding of whole-boat performance through analysis and simulation models
- Breadth of experience and re-use of existing software will deliver cost-effective solutions
- Key customers
- BAE Systems, Barrow - Astute boats 4,5,6,7 control software
- Lockheed Martin, Orlando - F-35 stick and throttle control devices, simulator application
- L3-COM - Astute Boats 1,2,3
- SGB Enterprises, Santa Clarita - Black Hawk control devices, simulator application
- BAE Systems, Barrow - Astute whole-boat simulation
- Key Partners
- RPS - safety adviser
- Diamond Systems - processor boards
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.