- Company Name
- Smart Fabrication
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 70 089 359 366
- 44 Moorhouse Road, Port Adelaide SA 5015
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Smart Fabrication currently supplies to ASC, Babcock and MacTaggart Scott.
Primary Point of Contact
- Emilio De Stefano
- General Manager
- 08 8240 1876
- Company Overview
Smart Fabrication is a multi-award winning, dynamic engineering and specialist steel fabrication company headquartered in Port Adelaide, South Australia. Operating across two sites, Smart Fabrication services a variety of industries including defence, oil & gas, mining, water, marine and civil and is capable of planning, designing, constructing and installing a wide range of steel and aluminium solutions to these industries.
Smart Fabrication prides itself on building long standing relationships, and believes the only way to do so is to deliver on our promises, time after time. As a company, delivering exceptional client service is one of our strategic goals. We also aim to become operationally excellent and have made significant inroads into this over the last 24 months with the establishment of our specialist pipe spooling facility at the Islington Workshops in Kilburn, South Australia. With 4 overhead cranes (up to 25T in capacity), 3 submerged arc welding machines, an in-house NDT bay and an in-house hydro-static testing bay, this facility provides Smart Fabrication with the ability to deliver in extremely short lead times through improvements in material handling and efficiency.
With a large emphasis on continuous improvement in all areas of the business, Smart Fabrication also has certified Quality, OHS and Environmental Management Systems, in accordance with ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 respectively. These systems help Smart Fabrication ensure that it delivers quality product, on time, in a safe manner and in a way which minimises our impact on the environment.
- Steel Fabrication
- Pipe Fabrication
- Pressure Vessel Fabrication
- Site Work
- Design and Construction
- Hydro-Static Testing
- Showcase Capability
All core capabilities listed above.
- Site area exceeding 33,500sqm (9,500sqm undercover)
- 5 x slipways for up to 1500 tonne vessels
- 170m water frontage (access to Port River)
- 3 x Submerged Arc welding machines
- In-house Non-Destructive Test (NDT) bay
- In-house Hydro-Static Test bay
- Winner of the 2015 DTC Outstanding SME Award
- Winner of the 2014 Manufacturers' Monthly National Business Transformation Award
- Key customers
- MacTaggart Scott
- Australian Aerospace
- Key Partners
- Defence Teaming Centre (DTC)
- Australian Pipelines and Gas Association (APGA)
- Engineers Australia
- Adelaide Ship Construction International (ASCI), co-located with this shipyard.
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001:2004
- OHSAS 18001:2007
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.