- Company Name
- Six Degrees Of Freedom
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 89 417 050 762
- Ground Floor, The Terminal Essendon Fields, VIC 3041
- Postal Address
- 102 Hoffmans Rd Essendon VIC 3040
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
AIDN and ICN
Primary Point of Contact
- Rob Mitchell
- Company Overview
Six Degrees Of Freedom is a compact, niche Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) service supplier to various industries, including Defence, Hydro Electricity and Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Aquaculture, Materials & Manufacturing. We use ANSYS, the premiere FEA and CFD software provider in the world, utilising the most time-efficient processes in modelling and solving. We conduct Structural, Thermal and Fluid Flow Analyses using simple models for rapid troubleshooting and time-constrained projects. We also specialise in the more complex problems, where the ANSYS software is utilised to its ultimate capability.
SDoF operates locally in Melbourne, Australia and offers its services world-wide. We have successfully worked alongside clients on major projects in Malaysia, South Africa, Indonesia, North America and here locally in Australia.
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Sub-sea Component Design
- Showcase Capability
Engineering Services for the design and analysis of sub-sea specific components. Specialities include:
FEA - ANSYS
• Linear and Non-Linear Static, and Transient Structural Stress Analysis
• Steady State and Transient Thermal Temperature and Stress Analysis
• Non-Linear Buckling Analysis
• Non-Linear Plastic Material Modelling
• Non-Linear Frictional Contact & Bolt Pre-Tension Modelling
• Cyclic, Periodic and 2D Axisymmetric Symmetry Modelling
• Fatigue Analysis, Including R1MS Weld Notch Fatigue Method
CFD - ANSYS CFX/FLUENT
• Multiple Domain, RANS Steady State and Transient Fluid Analysis
• Incompressible Single and Multiphase Eulerian Modelling, Including Free Surface
• Thermal Heat Transfer and Buoyancy Modelling
• Porous Domain and Interface Modelling
• Moving Mesh, Immersed Solid & Flow Driven 6DOF Solid Motion
• Other Multiphase Modelling, Including Lagrangian Particle Tracking, Discrete Phase & Cavitation
- We are a niche supplier, specialising in the more difficult and technical engineering problems.problems
- We have specialist expertise in high pressure vessel design and FEA
- We have displayed successful Full Ocean Depth component design. James Cameron's Deep Sea Challenger - Marianas Trench 2012
- We are a provider with specialist expertise and experience in scale CFD simulation of sub-sea vehicles and components
- Key customers
- BV - Bureau Veritas
- RADS - Ron Alum Deep Sea Services
- BMT Group
- Whessoe Sdn. Bhd.
- Key Partners
- LEAP Australia - ANSYS Software providers
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Working towards ISO 9001
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.