- Company Name
- Silverback Cargo Care
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 26 077 294 154
- Head Office" 147 Railway Place Williamstown VIC 3016
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Industry Capability Network (ICN) Gateway. Applied for Advisory & Facilitation Services through CDIC.
Primary Point of Contact
- David Cole
- Defence Business Manager
- 03 9211 2111
- 0416 012 779
- Company Overview
Silverback is an Australian company supplying quality and compliant cargo care equipment to the transport and logistics industry with warehouses in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
Product categories include: (1) load restraints, (2) cargo protection, (3) packing & packaging supplies, (4) dangerous goods labels & signs, (5) warehouse supplies, (6) safety products, (7) emergency response products, and (8) lifting equipment.
Key products: pallet angles, chain knuckles, Maxi-Binders, ratchet tie-down straps with various hooks and end-fittings, cargo nets, load restraint & lifting chain, bin & bund liners, rolls of plastic & stretch wrap, tarpaulins, bulk fluid bladders, salvage lift bags, emergency response kits, spill control, plywood & flute board, cargo/shoring bars, security seals, dunnage boards & bags, and gloves & goggles.
Silverback currently supplies to the Army Reserves and Linfox Defence – Puckapunyal, as well as many large transport and logistics companies including Toll, Aurizon, Woolworths and Coles.
- The supply of quality and compliant cargo care equipment to enable the transport and logistics function.
- Branch warehouses in Melbourne, Brisbane & Sydney (in-house capability for rapid local delivery).
- National high-touch customer service via a network of sales executives, tele-sales and online store.
- Showcase Capability
Key products: spill control & emergency response equipment, ratchet tie-down straps, load restraint & lifting chain, dunnage, gloves, goggles, respirators, defibrillators, pallet angles, chain knuckles, cardboard pallet pads.
The Silverback Product Showcase (http://www.silverback.com.au/v/vspfiles/downloadables/Product-Showcase-2015.pdf) concisely summarises our highly customisable product range comprising approximately 2,000 items. We aim to be the preferred choice of Defence Industry for the supply of cargo care equipment.
- Broad & customisable compliance tested product range.
- Silverback develops standards for customers where none exist (eg, shoring bars).
- Silverback produces in excess of 50 customised products, & self-manufactures 70% of our product range to meet customer requirements for function & price.
- Delivery of business efficiencies for our customers via data analysis performed by a customised SAP application.
- Key customers
- Toll Group (93 sites)
- Linfox, including Linfox Defence
- Key Partners
- Partner - Silverback Container Management Services
- Suppliers - a variety of local and overseas suppliers
- Parent - Silverback Group
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Products comply with relevant AS/NZ standards.
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.