- Company Name
- Scientic Management Associates
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 65 092 811 035
- 200-202 Gladstone St Fyshwick ACT 2609
- Postal Address
- PO Box 774 Fyshwick, ACT 2609
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Allan Hickey
- Business Development Manager
- (02) 6239 1133
- 0429 624 050
- Company Overview
Scientific Management Associates (Operations) Pty Ltd (SMA) is part of the Scientific Management Associates Group of Companies which was founded in Australia in 1981.
The company originally formed to provide project management support to the Australian Department of Defence. Throughout the early 1980’s the company grew, developing broader capabilities and taking on bigger and more complex tasks in the area of project support; encompassing all aspects of ILS including training. In addition to supporting acquisition and introduction-into-service project activities, SMA established itself as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) as part of its training services. With current obligations to Navy Technical Training and Army Technical Trade Training, SMA’s commitment in supporting the Australian Defence Force education and training requirements is second to none. Over 9,000 personnel have been trained by SMA since the company’s first involvement in Navy Technical Training.
SMA, an Australian owned and operated company, through extensive involvement across numerous projects, can be considered as one of Australia’s largest and most experienced independent Defence projects and services provider with capabilities including; training analysis, development and delivery, logistics engineering, logistics support analysis, technical data, documentation development, and provision of associated support services.
Since establishment, the company has experienced sustained growth and now has a total staff in excess of 320, a national footprint and an annual turnover surpassing $A35M.
SMA provides word-class training, documentation and support services, delivered by skilled professionals and underpinned by strong client relationships.
- Training & Training Development
- LSAR Software
- Logistics Engeering
- Showcase Capability
a. project management;
b. contract management;
c. ILS and training contract/subcontract management, definition of source data and associated ILS and training products;
d. SLICwave LSAR software & high-level ILS analysis to support platform and system design and selection;
e. instructional analysis, design of systems for the development and implementation of training, including Computer Based Training and Computer Aided Learning compliant with Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) requirements, simulation/emulation and video production capabilities;
f. the development and delivery of nationally accredited operator and technical training as an RTO, particularly in the ADF environment;
g. training delivery using both conventional, electronic workbooks and web based delivery technologies;
h. the development of low cost simulation, emulation and part-task-trainer products to support operator and maintainer training, particularly in the military training environment;
- SMA is experienced in the analysis, development and delivery of training for the acquisition, introduction-into-service and follow-on training for a number of other Navy programs such as the Collins Class Submarines, ANZAC Frigates, FFG Upgrade, Mine Hunter Coastal and Leeuwin Class Hydrographic Ships. SMA’s involvement in these programs, usually as the prime training and development subcontractor, ensures that SMA stays abreast of ADF, and in particular Navy, training requirements, innovative training delivery methods, and emerging marine technologies. This means that the Commonwealth benefits from SMA being an informed Contractor when tendering for, and subsequently executing, Navy training contracts of all types including TTSS. As a result of continued involvement in ADF training, SMA has developed and maintains experience in analysing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating training solutions in accordance with the latest Defence standard, the Defence Learning Manual (DLM), and its associated Systems Approach to Defence Learning (SADL). SMA is also continually improving holistic training solutions for customers, building on the experience garnered with each project. SMA’s training solutions specifically address learning outcomes whilst remaining flexible, responsive, and considerate of emerging technologies and value-for-money Vehicle operation simulations. SMA has also developed, and is continuing to develop, blended learning programs to replace traditional classroom delivery of Army technical trade training.
- Key customers
- Royal Australian Navy
- Australian Army
- Lockheed Martin
- Mercedes Benz
- Key Partners
- Integrated Support Systems
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Registered Training Organisation
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.