- Company Name
- Sagem Australasia
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 39 160 377 953
- Level 22, 31 Market Street, Sydney 2000 NSW, Australia
- Postal Address
- GPO Box 5444 SYDNEY NSW 2001 AUSTRALIA
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Amaury Finaz
- Sales Manager
- Company Overview
Sagem Australasia is a fully owned subsidiary of Sagem, the Defence subsidiary of the SAFRAN group.
SAFRAN Group revenues worldwide exceed AUD 22.8 billion. SAFRAN Group has more than 69,000 employees in over 60 countries.
Worldwide Sagem has a turnover of AUD 1.9 billion and employs more than 7,500 people.
SAFRAN group has 200 employees in Australia working in 3 strategic sectors: Aerospace, Defence and Security. SAFRAN invested in a center of excellence in Bankstown, NSW (Sydney suburb) to locally perform the production and maintenance of helicopter turbines, support of optronic sights and navigation systems.
- Inertial Navigation
- Showcase Capability
Sagem submarine portfolio is composed of Optronic Masts (Search & Attack) and Inertial Navigation Systems.
Optronic Masts: Series 30 SOM & Series 30 AOM
- Series 30 Search Optronic Mast (SOM): The Series 30 SOM is the most modern and complete search optronic mast system on the market. Stealthy, it provides panoramic detection and identification for above-surface surveillance.
- Series 30 Attack Optronic Mast (AOM): Based on the Series 30 SOM design, the new Series 30 AOM is a very discreet non penetrating attack optronic mast (diameter < 130 mm). It is the most modern and complete attack optronic mast system on the market. The Series 30 is in production for French (Barracuda class SSNs) and export submarines (Sweden A19/A26, South Korea KSS-III, Scorpene family). Inertial Navigation System: Sigma 40XP SIGMA 40XP is the most compact and lightweight inertial navigation system in the world. Designed for highly integrated navigation and weapon systems, its high level of performance (1 Nm/24h free inertial performance) meets both navigation and weapon alignment requirements. As a strapdown ring-laser-gyro inertial navigation system, SIGMA 40XP elaborates and transmits: - Attitude: heading, roll and pitch and their angular rates - Position: latitude, longitude and depth - Horizontal and vertical linear velocities Sagem SIGMA 40XP is the Inertial Navigation System of the Collins-class submarine (2 units by submarines).
- A worldwide technology leader
- In-house technology
- ITAR free products
- In-country local support
- In-country manufacturing
- Key customers
- Royal Australian Navy
- Australian Army
- BAE Systems
- Airbus Helicopter
- Key Partners
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.