- Company Name
- Prysmian Cables Australia Pty Ltd
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 1 Heathcote Road Liverpool NSW 2179
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Australian Cable markers Association
Primary Point of Contact
- Danny Bravo
- Commercial Manager - Strategic Projects
- Company Overview
Prysmian Group is world leader in the energy and telecom cables and systems industry. With sales of over €7 billion in 2013, about 19,000 employees across 50 countries and 91 plants, the Group is strongly positioned in high-tech markets and provides the widest range of products, services, technologies and know-how. In the Energy sector, Prysmian Group operates in the business of underground and submarine power transmission cables and systems, special cables for applications in many different industrial sectors and medium and low-voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure industry. In the Telecom sector, the Group manufactures cables and accessories for the voice, video and data transmission industry, offering a complete range of optical fibres, optical and copper cables and connectivity systems. Prysmian is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange in the FTSE MIB index.
The Prysmian manufacturing site at Liverpool consists of five ‘factories’ providing production capability, Medium Voltage Extruded XLPE, Low Voltage Extruded EPR/XLPE, Building Wire Rigid, Building Wire Flex, Instrumentation and Control Cables, Fire Resistant & Low Smoke Zero Halogen Cables and Bare Conductors with a notional capacity of 57,000 tonnes per annum.
The Prysmian manufacturing plant at Dee Why was established in 1968 and provides production of optical loose tube, tight buffered, ribbon optical cables and full range of copper telecom cables. Manufacturing annual capacity of the plant is 3 Million fkm of Optical Cables and 600,000 pkm of Copper Cables.
- Design, Manufactury and Supply chin Managent of Electrical Cables up to and Including 500KV
- Showcase Capability
Prysmian is able to provide our clients with a full package of tools and systems to allow:
Flexibility in supply (stock and production plans) to cover fluctuating demand.
Comprehensive yet simple performance monitoring and corrective actions.
Customer forecasting incorporated into manufacturing and inventory plans.
Clear and communicated delivery/service promise.
Product management through comprehensive selection of product categories
- Profile (stock): No production lead time and only Transport lead time applicable
- Made to Order: Production lead time + transport lead time; Lead times communicated in tender document; Lead times can vary depending in factory loading at time of order and no reserved production capacity
- Forecast: Items that are forecasted by customer and reduction in lead time.
- Non-core items serviced from general stock or are made to order with lead time on project basis
- Core items serviced via a forecast with reserved production capacity and/or reserved stock
Prysmian offers specific value add services as detailed below
Buffer Stock and Cut to Length
Prysmian provides a cut to length service. We have 4 small winders, 2 medium winders and a large winder with a warehouse crew of 17 at Liverpool to manage this process. Prysmian also has its own drum shop with a crew of 7 that assists with drum issues as well as ensuring drum supply for cable cutting at short notice.
As a result, our Clients can expect stocked cables to be despatched by the next working day if the order is placed before 10am on the previous day. Cables with an overall diameter of greater than 35mm would be limited to 5 individual cuts for guaranteed next day delivery.
Our cut to length service model utilises an integrated SAP operating system between Prysmian’s manufacturing and warehouse facility. This allows cable to be supplied in bulk, cut and to engineered lengths. It also significantly reduces cutting and drum scrap by utilising SAP’s “Most Efficient Drum” allocation system. Past history indicates the scrap saving to the project will be above 20% if cable cutting requirements are managed through this system.
For made to order cables (e.g. non buffer stock or forecasted cable), Prysmian is also able cut to the lengths nominated on purchase orders as long as the total exceeds the minimum order quantity.
Drum Management (Storage and Returns)
Prysmian offers a drum returns system on an ongoing basis, allowing for swift removal of drums from depots or site as required, for recycling and for future use, thus enabling wastage to be minimised and continuity of supply to be maintained.
- Technical Capability, commitment to quality, local presence, australian manufacturing
- Key customers
- All Major Electrical Power Utilities in Australia.
- Key Partners
- Laurence & Hanson, MM Electrical Group, BGW group
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001:2008
- Nata Certified Laboratory for testing purposes
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.