- Company Name
- PMB Defence
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 655 Mersey Road North Osborne South Australia 5017
- Postal Address
- PO Box 1120 North haven SA 5018
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
DTC and Ai Group
Primary Point of Contact
- Stephen Faulkner
- Company Overview
PMB Defence (PMB) is a leading supplier of high quality energy and specialised engineering solutions for submarine platforms. Formed in 1989, PMB Defence (formerly Pacific Marine Batteries) began with a sole focus on producing the Main Storage Battery for the COLLINS Class of submarines. Since 1989 PMB has continuously supplied Main Storage Batteries for the COLLINS Class, whilst growing an in-country engineering capability. This has progressively evolved to be a dependable supplier of engineering services, battery and niche product solutions for both current and future submarine capabilities.
Our state-of-the art production, research and development and engineering facilities are situated at the heart of the Techport (Naval Industry Hub) opposite ASC, the builder of Australia’s COLLINS Class submarines, and Air Warfare Destroyers.
- Project management
- Systems engineering
- Systems integration
- Submarine battery design and manufacture
- Maintenanace and support
- Showcase Capability
PMB has a long history of delivering submarine battery systems to the Royal Australian Navy. We have a unique focus on submarine batteries and an understanding of what is important to maximise capability for an Australian operational requirement in Australian environmental condition.
Our Engineering team has a deep understanding of platform related issues in relation to battery systems and is therefore well placed to assist in the design process of battery systems.
- A close relationship with operators of Austrlain submarines that gives a unique understanding of what is important from a battery system perspective
- Engineering resources involved in teh COLLINS build program
- An underastanding of the maintenance cost-drivers in an Australian context
- Key customers
- Australian Department fo Defence via CASG
- ACS Pty Ltd
- CASG - SEA 1000 Future Submarine Program
- Key Partners
- Enersys (manufacture COLLINS cells under license)
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- AS 4801
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.