- Company Name
- Marshall Day Acoustics Pty Ltd
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 31 Vardon Avenue Adelaide SA 5000
- Postal Address
- GPO Box 1066 Adelaide SA 5001
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Member firm: THE ASSOCIATION OF AUSTRALASIAN ACOUSTICAL CONSULTANTS current approved members of DEFENCE INFRASTRUCTURE PANEL (DIP)
Primary Point of Contact
- Alex Morabito
- Senior Consultant
- Company Overview
Marshall Day Acoustics is one of the world’s leading firms of acoustic consultants, providing the highest standard of architectural and environmental acoustic consulting and theatre design.
For over 30 years, we have been providing innovative acoustic designs, working on major projects in over 15 countries and employ over 80 professional staff in offices in Australia, New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, and France.
As one of the largest acoustic engineering firms worldwide, we are able to provide our clients with the greatest range and depth of experience and expertise available.
Our strength in acoustic design comes from the diversity of our team members who have been drawn from engineering, architectural, musical and academic backgrounds, with one common
focus: to provide innovative acoustic designs of the highest standard.
From concert halls to wind farms and everything in between, we have experts in every field of acoustics who have the specialist knowledge required to deliver quality project outcomes.
- acoustic design
- noise control
- environmental impact assessment
- facility design
- underwater acoustics
- Showcase Capability
ARCHITECTURAL-Design or corrective work to make the acoustical environment effective and comfortable. Sound insulation, acoustic quality, speech privacy and the total acoustic design of facilities.
ENVIRONMENTAL-Assessment of noise and vibration impact of development proposals, including new roads, railways, air transportation developments and industrial projects. Site noise and vibration surveys, sound and vibration propagation predictions. Recommendations for the enforcement of environmental standards. Presentation of expert evidence for prosecutions or planning hearings. Assistance with development of noise and vibration control policy.
UNDERWATER ACOUSTICS- underwater acoustic modelling and underwater noise measurement services focused on accurately estimating noise levels that can be used for environmental assessments
INDUSTRIAL NOISE CONTROL-Occupational noise surveys, noise abatement, factory planning, design of specialist silencers, screening and industrial enclosures.
Building vibration and structural dynamics estimation of vibration propagation factors in buildings and other structures. Estimation of re-radiated structure-borne noise. Recommendations for vibration control measures. Empirical, theoretical and numerical modelling.
- Software development, e.g. dBSea underwater acoustic software package. Our propagation solvers include numerical methods based on normal mode, parabolic equation, ray tracing and geometric spreading principles. Our expertise in understanding the underlying science and limits of each solver, enables us to apply them to scenarios for which they are best suited. Ultimately, we provide best possible noise level estimations that are tailored to individual projects
- Marshall Day Acoustics is certified in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008. It is an integral part of our QMS that all actions undertaken as part of a project should be documented and reviewed in a manner that is auditable, understandable and traceable by others and is technically correct. Our systems and procedures are reviewed annually and all our offices have passed these reviews each year since the implementation of these reviews.
- MDA’s experience and capability in providing specialist noise assessment services to Defence projects is also evident from our appointment to the 2017 – 2022 Defence Infrastructure Panel (DIP). MDA is the only standalone specialist acoustics firm on the DIP, approved for providing the complete range of specialist acoustics services spanning from building acoustics and ground based noise modelling through to specialist aircraft noise assessments
- Our experience of working on Defence projects is extensive and includes a significant number of projects. We have built up a strong, professional and proactive defence facilities portfolio relationship translating to a thorough understanding of the Department of Defence’s needs. For example, the speech and security privacy requirements have been designed to achieve criteria for a number of facilities, including those located within or subjected to high level of internal and environmental noise exposure
- Key customers
- KBR, acoustic design new facilities at RAAF Base Woomera, Edinburgh, ASC Osborne
- Department of Defence, F-35A Environmental Impact Assessment, ongoing support with community consultation
- Key Partners
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- AS/NZS ISO 9001-2008
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.