- Company Name
- MacTaggart Scott Australia
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 67 152 007 442
- 10 Myuna Street Regency Park SA 5010
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Peter Richings
- General Manager
- +61 8 8243 6900
- +61 467 096 390
- Company Overview
MacTaggart Scott Australia (MTSA) is an Australian Company owned by the parent company MacTaggart Scott (MTS) in UK which specialises in Marine applications. MTSA has primarily been responsible for the MTS equipment on the Collins Class Submarine, but also have responsibility for aircraft elevators on the LHD. MTSA has an established facility in South Australia and since forming has Australianised it's supply chain so that although primary design remains in UK manufacturing of components, assembly, test, and refurbishment is carried out locally. The longer term plan is to continue to expand the capability to include design.
- MTSA can provide a full design and manufacture capability in conjunction with MTS. The capability within Australia is being expanded from assembly, test, refurbishment and technical support, to include design.
- Showcase Capability
The MTS equipment on Collins includes the Emergency Propulsion Unit, the Mast Raising Equipment, the Towed Array Handling gear, the Hydroplane cylinders and all the external hydraulic actuators including elements of the weapon discharge system. Clearly we would wish to supply and support a similar range of equipment whether it is Hydraulic or Electric based but can also include retractable capstans and other associated equipment. The services offered cover design, manufacture, installation and through life support either through UK or Australia or a combination. Currently moving into Vendor
- MTSA provides a one stop facility for a complate range of Submarine applications, and is working closely with a number of agencies within Australia on Research and Development programs to benefit Sea 1000.
- Key customers
- MTSA's customers include the Royal Australian Navy and ASC, but within the MacTaggart Scott Group we supply equipmentment to the navies of United Kingdom, USA, France, Canada, Spain, South Korea amongst others.
- Key Partners
- The Parent Company is MacTaggart Scott in the UK, but MTSA has now established a local supply base within Australia.
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.