- Company Name
- LSM Advanced Composites
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 63 074 142 199
- 42 Jones Street Toowoomba Qld 4350
- Postal Address
- P O Box 188 Harlaxton Qld 4350
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Composites Australia http://www.compositesaustralia.com.au
Primary Point of Contact
- Sharon Swan
- (07) 4639 1588
- Company Overview
LSM established in 1996 and has a vast experience in the delivery of the highest quality composite products to national and international clients across a diverse range of businesses and industries.
LSM is the only privately owned company in Australia with multiple autoclaves dedicated to the manufacture of precision fibre composite components.
LSM's staff are long term employees who are recognised as leaders in high quality, premium composite component manufacture.
- 3 x Autoclaves electrically heated: Autoclave 1 – working volume: 1430mm ID x 2950mm long; 100psi; 190ºC; Autoclave 2 – working volume: 540mm ID x 1840mm long; 100psi; 160ºC; Autoclave 3 – working volume: 2387mm ID x 7250mm long; 200psi; 300ºC
- 2 x Kuka Machining Robots
- 1 x 8m x 2.7m x 2.1m Router
- Pre-preg composite tooling
- Arm free CMM digital measurement
- Ballistic components – (currently) G1 & G2
- Finesse in complex components
- Small production runs of small or large components not a difficulty
- Showcase Capability
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenger Submarine - Pilot Sphere internal lining.
LSM was approached by the design and build team to manufacture the carbon fibre internal lining of the Pilot Sphere, the pilot’s home in the submersible. This ‘home’, which measures 1092mm (43 inches) in diameter, is filled with electronics and life-support equipment. It is so small that the pilot’s legs are tightly bent and he could barely move his arms. In comparison, the overall length of the Deepsea Challenger is similar to that of a stretched limousine.
The pre-preg carbon fibre materials used were selected by LSM because of their low fire/smoke/toxicity and low heat release characteristics, a requirement which formed part of the designer’s safety specification.
- LSM works with its clients in collaboration with leading edge partners and suppliers to provide responsive, flexible, cost effective, innovative solutions to meet and exceed the most demanding of specifications and working environments.
- LSM provides you access to unprecedented Experience, Quality, Innovation, Dependability and Client Satisfaction with the personal touch of dealing directly with the company owners to deliver the ultimate solution to your most challenging requirements.
- LSM's employees are deemed
- Key customers
- Boeing Aerostructures Australia
- BAE Australia
- RAAF Amberley
- Aerosonde / AAI Corp
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia
- Insitu Pacific
- Kuipers Security Vehicles
- Acheron Deepsea Challenger submarine – James Cameron
- BHP Cannington & Olympic Dam
- Wrigley Company
- Triple Eight Race Engineering (Australia)
- Holden Australia
- Redispan Conveyor Systems
- Volvo Commercial Vehicles
- Ezytube Australia
- Penske Motorsport
- Sikorsky Helicopters
- Premcar Australia
- Key Partners
- Lavender CE Pty Ltd
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001: 2008
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.