- Company Name
- Kontron Australia
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- Unit 16/12 Yatala Road, Mount Kuring-gai NSW 2080
- Postal Address
- PO Box 332 Berowra Heights, NSW 2082
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Allan Tomlinson
- Managing Director
- 02 9457 0047
- 0400 077 773
- Company Overview
Based in Sydney, Australia and the exclusive distributor for Kontron products in Australia and New Zealand, Kontron Australia offers customers a complete range of Embedded products, from credit card size Computer on Modules (COM) to large chassis based systems inc. carrier grade servers, NAB approved servers, VME, cPCI, VPX and legacy VME. We also offer a large range of industrial PC’s such as our KISS (Kontron Industrial Silent server), 1, 2 and 4U servers, our industry hardened Box PC’s and Panel PC’s. Kontron product is available for a minimum of 7 years with an extended life cycle program, extending the life cycle to 15 years.
The design side of ED² offers customers an experienced team that has over 30 years in the embedded design field. Using the world’s largest embedded platform COM, ED² has been designing base boards and carrier boards for our customers in Australia making them scalable and upgradeable for many years to come..
The ED² EDD101-j90 is a perfect example of a true embedded design, utilizing the COM (Computer on Module) concept, with a custom base board and expansion features, the EDD101 allows the customer to add features via it’s robust and front loadable peripherals set. Scale the computing platform and upgrade the feature set as needed.
Customers have peace of mind, knowing that whatever industry our systems are used in, our solutions can easily be brought up to the current generation of technology with minimal effort or stress offering on going cost-effectiveness
- Exclusive distributor for Kontron's complete range of Embedded products in Australia and New Zealand.
- Panel PC’s.
- Industry hardened Box PC’s
- credit card size Computers
- on Modules known as COM
- Large range of industrial PC’s such as our KISS (Kontron Industrial Silent server), 1, 2 and 4U servers
- large chassis based systems including carrier grade servers, NAB approved servers, VME, cPCI, VPX and legacy VME
- Showcase Capability
A range of Kontron products are suitable for Naval applications including those designed for use in ships and submarines. For example, Kontron high performance, rugged mission computer DARCTM VX108. It features powerful eight core Intel® Xeon®-class floating-point processing and two 10GbE optical ports. The DARCTM VX108 combination of SWaP-optimization, data-center server-class processing, network capabilities and I/O flexibility makes it ideal for C4ISR command and control, image processing, surveillance, virtual machine hypervisor, datacenter server processing, and network functional virtualization (NFV) applications.
Designed for use in military platforms requiring compliance to MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-1275, the unit's passive natural convection-cooled chassis enables fanless operation over extended temperature ranges with no active cooling or cold plate accessories required. Moreover, its ultra-rugged, sealed enclosure protects the integrity of the equipment against all climatic elements such as dust, salt fog, sand, rain, ice, hail, solar radiation, fungi, or even wind, making the DARCTM VX108 a perfect candidate for use both in vehicles and outdoor applications.
- Kontron is a leading designer/manufacturer of rugged solutions for Defense, Avionics, Communication, Automation, Energy, Infotainment, Medical & Transportation industries
- Kontron product is available for a minimum of 7 years with an extended life cycle program, extending the life cycle to 15 years giving cost effective solutions
- Kontron product is Fully customizable based on industrial motherboard technology, is used for visualization and frame grabbing purpose. The HMI also easily adjusts to the extreme light conditions in a submarine. This fully custom product is meant to operate under extreme conditions and withstand salt water and salt fog without any problems
- Customer service and customer success is of paramount importance to Kontron Australia
- Customer Product Specification Support
- Small Customization, Application, Prototype Support
- Board Bring-Up Support
- Software Support
- Transfer of market-leading knowledge & Online training
- Key customers
- BAE, Kontron ComExpress Modules, Conformal Coated to Standard
- Saab Australia, Kontron Rack Mount Systems, VME Single Board Computers Conformal Coated to Standard
- Thales Australia, Kontron CPCI Processor cards and Ethernet Switches Conformal Coating to MilSpec
- Dept of Defence, Kontron Rack Mount Systems
- Tait Ltd, Kontron Rack Mount Carrier Grade Servers
- Key Partners
- Intel Internet of Things Solutions Alliance
- Real Time Systems GMBH
- Freescale Semiconducter
- Wind River
- LORA Alliance
- Monstavista Software, Inc.
- ENEA Products & Services
- ACCES I/O Products, Inc.
- Boston Design Solutions, LLC
- WIBU-SYSTEMS AG
- WOLF Industrial Systems Inc.
- World Micro Components, Inc.
- Surf Communications Solutions
- Alt Software
- 3S Smart Software Solutions
- Kuhnke Automation
- Com Express
- Cavium Networks
- ISG - INDUSTRIELLE STEUERUNGSTECHNIK GMBH
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Kontron's products conform to various subject to their use standards include: ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard,
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard,
- ISO 13485 Medical Industry Standard,
- FAA REPAIR STATION Air Agency Certificate,
- AS 9100 Aerospace Industry Standard
- IRIS Railway Industry Standard,
- ITAR International Traffic in Arms Regulations,
- EASA 145 European Aviation Safety Agency,
- MIL-STD 38999, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-461F, and MIL-STD-1275
- AS60870 Susceptability
- IEC-60950 Safety
- IEEE C47.90 CE Mark
- EN55022 Class A & Class B
- IEC60068-2-1 IEC60068-2-2 IEC60068-2-3, IEC60068-2-4, IEC60068-2-6, IEC60068-2-10, and IEC600529x
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.