- Company Name
- Kelvin Hughes Limited
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 1030135 UK Registered company
- Voltage Mollisson Avenue Enfield EN3 7XQ United Kingdom
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Society of maritime Industries
Primary Point of Contact
- Paul Critchley
- Regional Sales manager
- Company Overview
Kelvin Hughes Ltd is a world leader in the development, manufacture and supply of maritime navigation, surveillance and security radar systems. The company sets the international standard in solid state radar sensor technology with SharpEye™ and its market leading tactical and situational awareness radar display softwares.
Continuously the market innovator for radar sensors and systems, Kelvin Hughes has an enviable history and an unprecedented list of technology firsts - from the first type approved radar in 1948 to the world’s first commercially available multi-purpose solid state radar.
SharpEye™ is sold into a diverse range of markets and applications from naval and commercial maritime navigation, port Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) and coastal surveillance to ground surveillance and marine security applications.
With a product range covering land and sea, Kelvin Hughes demonstrates its expertise in solid state radar detection technology with a depth and breadth that no other company can match.
Kelvin Hughes has embarked on a programme of continuous innovation with a vision to place itself amongst the fastest-growing companies in the industry.
- Surveillance radars for Maritime domain
- Solid state Radar technology since 2008
- Range of Radar displays with ARPA/Tracker software IMO approved
- IMO approved Navigation (Solid state) Radar sensors
- Through life product support/ILS
- Showcase Capability
Provision of an upmast, SharpEyeTM based navigation radar sensor,
consisting of antenna and transceiver for submarine applications. This solution incorporates a solid state, pulse Doppler radar transceiver which rotates directly beneath the existing design of Kelvin Hughes AZL antenna.
This product is an evolution of existing KH products. The KH Upmast radar sensor utilises similar solid state technology to the Doppler SharpEyeTM range of transceivers now in service across many foreign navies around the world.
A lower power, more compact SharpEye transceiver tailored for submarine use is proposed. The transceiver will be enclosed within a suitable 3rd party designed and manufactured pressure tight
mast module and mounted on the top of the mast raising equipment.
To minimise transmit and receive losses (minimal length of waveguide / RF cable and omission of RF rotating joint), the upmast transceiver assembly rotates with the antenna.
- Proven Solid State technology
- Upmast payload solution for Navigation/Surveillance Radar
- Compact design
- Reduced maintenance leading to lower through life cost
- Increased target detection using Doppler processing
- Flexible integration to other on board systems such as CMS
- Key customers
- Ministry of Defence UK (Royal navy)
- Royal Australian navy
- Qatar ROPCG
- Singapore Navy
- Malaysian navy
- Italian Coast guard
- Key Partners
- Kelvin Hughes Limited
- Australian Maritime Systems (Brisbane)
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001:2008 quality management system
- ISO 14001:2004 environmental management system.
- TRACEcertification ID: TC4152-4367 Anti Bribary
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.