- Company Name
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- ACN 147 805 490
- Building 5, 9 William Street Mile End SA 5031
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Defence Teaming Centre (DTC)
Primary Point of Contact
- Neil Le Quesne
- Company Overview
K-TIG is the developer and manufacturer of a patented, high productivity welding technology known as Keyhole TIG.
The productivity impact of Keyhole TIG is considerable.
A K-TIG system is able for perform a conventional 6-hour TIG weld in 10 inch schedule 40 stainless steel pipe in 4 minutes, and to a quality standard which meets the most demanding requirements of the nuclear, aerospace & defence industries.
In addition to 50x to 100x productivity advantages over TIG/GTAW, the K-TIG technology reduces power and gas consumption by up to 95% and dramatically reduces labour costs.
Unlike conventional welding, K-TIG does not require edge bevelling and typically eliminates the need for wire consumables.
Overall cost savings are routinely in excess of 90%.
K-TIG was recently awarded Australian Industrial Innovation of the Year, and the 2015 Defence Industry Innovator Award.
- Advanced Welding Systems
- Showcase Capability
K-TIG 1000 Welding System.
- Up to 100x productivity increase over TIG/GTAW welding
- Single pass, full penetration welding up to 16mm
- Autogenous, eliminates wire consumables
- Reduces gas & power consumption by more than 90%
- Eliminates the need for edge bevelling
- Enormous reductions in total welding costs
- Key customers
- Defence Materials Technology Centre (DMTC)
- Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (NAMRC)
- Key Partners
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.