- Company Name
- Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- Suite 3, Level 27, 1 Farrer Place Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Dr Jimmy Lea
- +61 2 9099 1799
- Company Overview
Founded in Sydney Australia in 2011, we are rapidly gaining recognition as the firm that leads advanced engineering consulting in the Asia Pacific region. With a strong presence in the Asia Pacific and fully supported by experienced highly qualified Sydney-based multidisciplinary engineers, specialists and technologists, we have successfully delivered many projects across the region.
Our company is spearheaded and managed by Chartered Engineers (IEAust & UK IChemE) from various engineering and industry backgrounds who thoroughly understand the engineering industry requirements. We currently employ experienced multidisciplinary engineers, simulation specialists, technologists, project managers, drafters and administrative support staff based in Sydney and Singapore. Within our delivery team, all our disciplinary engineers and technologists possess formal tertiary qualifications from reputable universities whereas all our simulation specialists hold a PhD specialising in simulation, coupled with many years of experience across various industries. Overall, our engineers, simulation specialists and technologists have a combined experience of over 50 years.
Our standard approach includes using advanced engineering and in-depth analysis that goes beyond simply adopting rule-of-thumb guidelines. Whilst rule-of-thumb provides a starting point for most design works, it has the tendency to over compromise or overdesign which eventually leads to higher overall fabrication costs. We provide appropriate recommendations to minimise if not eliminate pecuniary losses, even before construction or fabrication begins.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Fluid Structural Interactions (FSI)
- Explicit Non-linear Dynamics (END)
- Showcase Capability
Threat & Vulnerability Analysis
We offer 3rd-party independent threat and vulnerability analysis on sensitive properties and human lives via transient non-linear explicit dynamics modelling and simulation. Through an in-depth analysis of material, and structural behaviour (including large deformation, material fragmentation, solid-solid, gas-solid and fluid-solid interactions) we are able to predict how submarines hull will respond to threats such as explosive blast wave and fragment attack (including directed ballistic attack). Our advanced modelling capability can be used to assess risk presented in existing situations and can also evaluate proposed protection solutions. Our company is experienced to conduct risk assessment of existing situation, provides recommendations to enhance structural resilience. Thus, through our analysis, we are in a position to address the concerns and uncertainties surrounding the safety of the personnel.
- Human Resources - Highly experienced and qualified personnel
- Computational Resources - High end software/hardware
- Confidentiality - All jobs done in-house
- Quality Deliverables - Strict quality control
- Excellent Track Record
- Key customers
- Cowra Shire Local Government - CFD simulation
- Thales Australia - Ballistic Impact Analysis
- Thales Australia - CFD simulation
- Ames Associate - R&D and Conceptual Design
- Key Partners
- ANSYS - Software suppliers
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Chartered Professional Engineers - Engineers Australia
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.