- Company Name
- Hofmann Engineering
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 39 114 806 969
- 25 Bushmaster Court North Bendigo, Vic, 3550
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Geoff Kinniburgh
- Product Manager, Gearing, Gearboxes & General Engineering
- 03 5440 7406
- 0488 779 244
- Company Overview
The Hofmann Group of Companies operate from sites in Australia (Perth, Melbourne, Bendigo & Newcastle) and Chile. Established in 1969 as a family business by two brothers John and Erich Hofmann it has grown, developed and diversified to become one of Australia’s foremost manufacturers of specialist engineered equipment. From the outset engineering excellence, innovation, quality and sustainability have been the bedrock of the Hofmann business philosophy.
- Design & Reverse Engineering
- Large Heat Treatment Capacity
- Showcase Capability
Submarine Propeller Shaft Manufacture & Refurbishment
Gear & Gearbox Manufacture
- Significant R&D capabilities
- 20+ years experience in design, development & manufacture of military and aerospace components, jigs, fixtures etc.
- Extensive in-house & onsite refurbishment work on HMAS & other Navy Vessels.
- High end fabrication & machining of the worlds largest girth gears, mill shells and Dragline components etc. resulting in higher quality products.
- From Design to Manufacture, everything is performed in-house.
- Onsite services worldwide from initial consultation & inspection through to refurbishment and/or repair, installation and alignment.
- Key customers
- Australian Submarine Corporation - Collins Class Submarine Shafts, Inlet/Outlet Valve Parts, Gears for Hedemora Deisels & Refurbishment of Periscope Tubes
- AGL-LY - Manufacture Gearing & Gearbox Refurbishments
- Alcoa - Fabrication & Machining
- BHP Billiton - Dragline Components, Gearbox Refurbishments
- Thales - Heat Treatment & Onsite work at Garden Island
- Queensland Alumina - Gears & Pinions
- BAE Systems - Jigs & Fixtures
- Rio Tinto - Gears and Gearbox Refurbishment
- Energy Australia - Manufacture Gearing & Gearbox Refurbishments
- Boeing - Jigs & Fixtures
- Key Partners
- Spunalloy Castings
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- AS/NZS ISO 9001: 2008
- AS 9100 Rev C: 2009 – Cheltenham Site only
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.