- Company Name
- Harris C4I Pty Ltd
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- ABN 89010500071/ ACN 10500071
- 380 St Kilda Road Melbourne Victoria 3004 Australia
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Victorian Defence Alliance - VDA RPDE Australian Industry Defence Network - AIDN
Primary Point of Contact
- David Abel
- Business Development
- 03 9926 1114
- 0499 144 188
- Company Overview
In Australia, Harris has a diverse, broad-based capabilities set that include research and development, engineering, manufacture and sustainment.
These capabilities span multiple divisions including Electronic Systems (parent of C4I) and Communications Systems (leading supplier of tactical radio communications for Australia's military forces)
Harris C4i Pty Ltd (C4i) is an experienced global supplier and integrator of communication and control systems for the defence market. C4i is a wholly own subsidiary of the Harris Corporation based in the USA and operates within the Electronic Systems Division. Though wholly owned by Harris, C4i is 100% Australian, capable of design, product/ software production as well as program management, training and support.
C4i specialises in providing innovative and cost-effective systems for mission critical environments. Its in-house hardware and software design, development and manufacturing capability enables C4i to readily tailor solutions to meet the often-unique requirements of military customers. C4i applies the latest digital switching, interface and communications technologies to produce world-leading communications network solutions.
Specific areas of application include:
§ Air Defence Communications Systems
§ ATC Communications Systems
§ Command and Control Systems
§ Naval Shipboard Communications Systems
§ Control Centre Solutions
Within Harris - Electronic Systems there are also extensive capabilities in Electronic Warfare providing electronic protection capabilities for the Royal Australian Navy and Air Force.
Customers are also turning to Harris for integrated, multispectral situational awareness solutions that blend radars, sonars and sensors to defeat emerging threats.
- Real-time software design
- In country Hardware, System Integration and Software design
- Security accredited facility
- Engineering expertise in defence system design
- Expertise in Open System Architecture and Data Distribution Services
- Showcase Capability
Harris C4I Pty Ltd core product is SwitchplusIP. With an IP core, the SwitchplusIP offers a complete end to end IP solution allowing operators to capitalize on existing network infrastructure as well as the scalability and flexibility that is only possible with a modern IP-based communications system. Offering mission critical communication assurance as well as full quality of service control SwitchplusIP is a voice/ data enabler delivering a secure and trusted service. Its core is based on an Open Architecture approach with a data distribution Service as the key enabler.
From compact to distributed services, SwitchplusIP and its associated hardware options can support fixed infrastructure to deployed portable solutions.
- Mission critical traffic interoperability from disparate systems over IP including voice. Full quality of service and traffic assurance.
- expertise in Open Architecture implementation and design for an integrated communications environment.
- Full engineering capability from requiremetns definition to product development and supply within Australia.
- Key customers
- UK NATS - SwitchplusIP core capability for Airtraffic mangement
- US FAA - SwitchplusIP
- FIJI Air traffic Management - SwitchplusIP
- US Military - SwitchplusIP
- RAAF - SwitchplusIP
- Air Services Australia - SwitchplusIP for emergency responce at all major Australian Airports
- Key Partners
- Parent Company - Harris Corperation
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Software design, development and support ISO12207
- System Engineering EIA632
- PRINCE2 or PMBOK for all Program/ Project Managers
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.