- Company Name
- Frontline Australasia Pty. Ltd.
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 24 073 668 649
- 55 Letcon Drive, Bangholme, Victoria 3175 Australia
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Samuel Rabinovich
- srabinovich@ frontline-aust,com.au
- Senior Defence Engineer
- 613 9768 4235
- Company Overview
Frontline Australasia has been founded in 1988 as aerospace machining company supplying to Boeing Australia.
Sinse 1988 Frontline Australasia has been a supplier (manufacturing, import and export) to the Defence Industry.
Production of valves at our premises and distribution of imported is the main business of Frontline Australasia Defence Devision.
We are supplying various types of the valves and associated equipment (drives, strainers, filters etc..) for all mayor ship systems.
As well we have produced :
Helicopter Hanger Doors of ANZAC and Protector Class ships BAE Systems , Australa
Marine Drive System as well as other componets of Military Vehicles, General Dynamic Land Systems, Australa and Canada.
ILS and Through - Life Support are provided to all our customers and the end users.
All items are tested and certified including the witness testing and certification by members of IACS(DNV,Germanischer Lloyd, Lloyd Register) in accordance with the customer specifications.
Defence Sector has made 15-20% of Frontline Australasia business turnover.
Our strategic plan includes the growth of our Defence business.
Frontline Australasia is a part of Abcor group which includes as well Truck and Automotive Divisions.
Frontline Australasia has been distinguished by Victoria Business Award and Victoria Premiers Innovation Company of the Year Award.
Frontline Australasia is located in Bangholme area, 6km to freeway access, 32 km SE of Melbourne CBD, 8000sqm under roof.
- Project Management.
- Process and Product Design and Development.
- Production of low to high product volume.
- CNC and manual milling, turning,drilling, pressing,polishing, lapping, welding, working with various materials including steel, stainless steel, copper and exotic alloys, jigging, precision assembly.
- Measuring and product evaluation:CMM measuring laboratory, hydraulic and pneumatic testing equipment, electrical actuators testing rig , gearboxes dynamic testing, macro weld testing program, ADR62/02 static and dynamic testing, SAE-J684 torsional and static testing.
- Quality Management System
- Warehousing and dispatching facilities, inventory control.
- Showcase Capability
Valves and Associated Equipment.
- Australian owned company with strong technology and engineering focus.
- Australia manufacturing focus.
- Developed over the years network of the accredited local and overseas subcontracters.
- Proven track record of delivering components and services to mayor ship yards in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia. Through-Lfe Support to Australia, New Zealand and Malaysian Navies.
- All relevant skill sets for production of valves and associated equipment have been developed by training and work experience including training and work experience in Germany at Barthel Armaturen and AUMA Riestar
- Secure facility with on site production and testing.
- Key customers
- Australia Submarine Corporation; Hobart Class Destroyers,Valves and Fittings MIL,ASME/ANSI, DIN/EU specifications
- BAE Systems, ANZAC Class Frigates, Valves and Associated Equipment VG, DIN/EU specifications
- BAE Systems, Protector Class OPV/IPV, Valves ASMI/ANSI, DIN/EU specifications
- BNS Shipyard Malysia, Kedah Class OPV, Valves and Associated Equipment, VG, DIN/EU specifications
- RAN,ANZAC Class Frigates, ILS, The Standing Offer forProvision of Goods and Services for the Underwater valves.
- NZDF, ANZAC Class Frigates, Protector Class OPV and IPV, ILS
- RMN, KEDAH Class OPV, ILS
- Key Partners
- Barthel Armaturen, Hamburg, Germany; Milwaukee Valve Company, Wisconsin, USA
- Alliance Casting, Victoria, Australia; Giltech Precision Casting, Dunedin, New Zealand. Eucaeo Buntmetall, Bremen, Germany.
- Abcor, Victoria, Ausralia
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001; ISO14001; ISO/TS16949; ISO/ IES 17025
- Letter of Recognized Supplier by Department of Defence Australia
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.