- Company Name
- Forgacs Marine & Defence
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 78 612 859 588
- 16 Nautical Drive Henderson WA 6166
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Submarine Institute of Australia AIDN Australian Industry & Defence Network
Primary Point of Contact
- Mike Deeks CSC
- Managing Director
- +61 8 6595 5610
- +61 408 106 316
- Company Overview
Forgacs Marine and Defence (Forgacs) as a wholly owned subsidiary of Civmec is an integrated, multi-disciplined construction and engineering services provider to the Maritime and Defence Infrastructure sectors.
Forgacs Marine and Defence is committed to creative leadership, ability to embrace new ideas, a focus on unlocking the value of innovation, collaboration with clients, a dedicated and safety focused
workforce and a strong commitment to quality.
It is our agile, dynamic leadership – together with the confidence, ongoing loyalty, commitment and talent of our people – that allows us to achieve success time and time again. Our drive to achieve world class levels of productivity and to pro-actively address the needs of our clients is what differentiates us.
With large scale operations across Australia, our main facility on the west coast is uniquely situated on a 19-hectare waterfront site within the Australian Marine Complex (AMC) in Henderson, Western
Australia. This facility is enhanced by the superior land and marine-based supporting infrastructure of the AMC’s Common User Facility.
On the east coast, our facility is well located on 22.7 hectares of riverfront land in close proximity to the port of Newcastle, New South Wales. It offers key shipbuilding and module construction capabilities
and provides national and regional clients with a range of integrated services.
Our operations are focused on two major markets, maritime and
shipbuilding and defence infrastructure. Each market is underpinned
and fully supported by our diverse suite of service offerings.
- Naval Vessel and Module Construction
- Naval Vessel Maintenance and Support
- Ship Construction for Export
- Civil works and infrastructure
- Also Oil and Gas division within Civmec - modules, SMP, E&I
- Also Metals and Minerals division within Civmec -
- Also Infrastructure division within Civmec
- Showcase Capability
Forgacs are aiming to set the benchmark in productivity for ship production
Commenced development of the largest undercover purpose-built ship construction and maintenance facility in Australia.
* 48,000 tonnes of steel produced in 2016.
* Retention of 472 highly experienced and knowledgeable fabrication workforce
* With the new facilities we aim to employ over 100 additional apprentices across various disciplines
* 200,000m2 prime real estate on the Australian Marine Complex (AMC)
* Direct access to the Floating Dock and wharves at the Common User Facility
Vessel and Module Construction
Specialising in comprehensive modular construction solutions, we own and operate two of Australia’s largest indoor modular construction facilities together with large state-of-the-art blast and paint facilities.
Specialist Piping and Mechanical Work
Our offering includes pipe spooling, fitting and a variety of installations with carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium and exotic materials. We are well equipped to manage mechanical installations and alignments through our flexible and scalable approach.
Surface Protection and Specialist Insulation
Offering world’s best practice solutions for surface protection and specialist insulation, our technologically advanced engineering facilities enable us to provide specialist insulation solutions for all our operations. Our in-house surface treatment facilities have modern, environmentally friendly blast and painting equipment.
Vessel Maintenance and Support
We provide all services necessary for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance in an undercover, environmentally friendly, purpose built large maintenance hall.
- Commenced development of the largest undercover purpose-built ship construction and maintenance facility in Australia.
- Developing a partnering arrangement with ASC Shipbuilding for OPVs and future minor naval vessel construction in WA
- Offering innovative and cost saving initiatives, though inhouse developed systems such as Civtrac.
- Valve supply and maintenance through our joint venture with Valco France, as ForgacsValco. Facility now based in Henderson WA. Valco currently supply to DCNS.
- Key customers
- Australian Department of Defence
- Woodside Energy Limited
- Western Australia State Government
- Shell - Prelude Project
- Water Corporation
- Key Partners
- Forgacs today announced it has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with ASC Shipbuilding Pty Ltd (ASC Shipbuilding) to jointly bid for the build of 12 Offshore Patrol Vessels for the Royal Australian Navy.
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- AS18001:2007 Health and Safety, ISO1400 Environmental and ISO9001:2008 Quality accreditations.
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.