- Company Name
- Direct Edge Manufacturing
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 73 169 672 057
- 47 - 49 Strahan Street South Burnie Tas, 7320
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Damien Smith
- Engineering Supervisor
- +61 3 6434 0528
- Company Overview
Direct Edge Manufacturing provides an innovative one stop shop for all sheetmetal manufacturing & associated components.
We utilise a fully integrated ERP system to control quality, workflow, material, product identification, delivery & resource allocation. We will work with customers to determine the most efficient process for submitting orders and other lines of communication.
Located in Burnie Tasmania we have been manufacturing over 100,000 assembled units per annum & export globally displaying a D.I.F.O.T of 98% for the past three years.
One of our strengths is having the ability of being able to be versatile across the Mining, Emergency Vehicles, marine, agricultural & food industries supplying OEM parts to CAT, Mader International, Elphinstone Group, Taylor Bros, SERS, Sewell Sweepers & Progress Switchboards.
Direct Edge Manufacturing is ISO triple certified & this provides a robust business management system to ensure that we can add value & drive competitive advantage into a variety of supply chains.
- CNC Programming
- CNC Laser & Punch Cutting
- CNC Brake Pressing
- Drilling & Tapping
- Sheetmetal Fabrication of Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Galvanised Steel, Copper & Titanium
- Quality Assurance
- Powder Coating, Painting, Engraving, Electro-Polishing & Galvanised Plating
- Showcase Capability
Direct Edge Manufacturing are heavily invested in innovation & technology driven solutions & has available onsite an Industrial Engineer this allows us to have dedicated R&D & CI teams & be a leader in CNC automated technology by providing low to high volume batch quantities, reduced lead times & guaranteed precision with our fully automated cutting edge machinery.
A robust Quality Management System supported by Romer & InspecVision checking systems enables Direct Edge Manufacturing to provide a certificate of compliance at the customer’s request.
- Fully integrated ERP system to control quality, material, flow, product identification & resource allocation
- Full range of services provided from receipt to despatch of order
- Low to high volume production batches
- Latest CNC automated technology ensures reduced lead times & guaranteed precision
- Diverse range of finishes include powder coating, painting, galvanised plating, engraving & electro polishing
- Certificate of compliance
- Dedicated R&D & Continuous Improvement Teams
- Key customers
- CAT Underground Mining
- Mader International
- Elphinstone Group
- Taylor Bros
- Progress Switchboards
- Sewell Sweepers
- Entech Electronics
- VEC Civil Engineering
- Priority Supplies
- Muir Winches
- Key Partners
- Bluescope Steel Australia
- Stirlings Australia
- Hi-Tech Metrology
- Trumpf Group
- Headland Machinery
- Maltec Engineering
- Blast One
- Highgate Group
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001:2004
- AS/NZS 4801:2001
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- MSS50312 Competitive Systems & Practices (Commitment to Lean)
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.