- Company Name
- Countrywide Metals Pty Ltd trading as Cavalier Engineering
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 41 Dennis Little Drive Gympie Qld 4570
- Postal Address
- PO Box 406 Gympie Qld 4570
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
member of ICN, in the process of joining AIDN.
Primary Point of Contact
- Angie Condon-Smith
- Managing Director
- Company Overview
Countrywide Metals started over 25 years ago with the
formation of a small steel business servicing the market of
Gympie - Budget Steel.
The rapid growth the company experienced during the
initial years of the company was a result of outstanding
professional service, excellent understanding of customer
needs and requirements and finally the fabrication of quality
and reliable Australian made products.
These achievements led to the creation of the Company in
1997 and the continued expansion of facilities with a second
site undertaken in 2000.
Corporate Vision "We aspire to be a
national steel industry
benchmark for value,
creation and corporate
The company vision was a key factor for the formation of
Cavalier Engineering in 2005, and the enduring commitment
to excellence saw the branding of strategic areas within the
business. Quality Customer Service assurance continued to
push tactical growth, with the investment in 2011 to a larger
facility enabling the company to vertical integrate more
services including Design and Installation.
Countrywide Metals is currently servicing local, state,
interstate and international markets through its trading
names and brands. The Company continues to be innovative
as it pursues its vision and expansion into new markets.
- Light structural Fabrication. Steel Supply including Building Products. Sheds - Industrial and Commercial
- Showcase Capability
Cavalier Engineering provides professional design, drafting,
engineering, fabrication and installation services to clients
across various disciplines especially within the government,
construction, civil, mining, industrial and rural industries here
in Australia and overseas.
Our deep insights into these industries, coupled with our
understanding of the necessity to deliver projects on time
and on budget, enables our clients to reduce costs related
to procurement, manufacturing and installation.
Cavalier Engineering has a clear goal and focus to provide
their clients with “above and beyond” service and products
of superior quality that meet all Australian and International
Cavalier Engineering Key Strengths:
• Drafting and Design Department
• Excellent Engineering Service
• Diversified Fabrication Capabilities
• Industrious Research and Development Abilities
• Industry respect for quality products Australian Made
• Capable of receiving and handling large tonnes of
Structural Steel for Fabrication
• 15 specialised Welding Bays capable of handling Large
Variations of Production
• Lean Manufacturing Skills capable of handling large
volumes of repetitive Products
• All forms of welding processes equipment for steel,
aluminium and stainless steel
• Significant modern machinery for metal processing
• Excellent Site work experience and capabilities
• Surface treatment and finishing services available
including: sandblasting and paint, powder coating and hot
Transport & Delivery
In order to provide the highest possible service, Countrywide
Metals has its own transport division to collect and deliver
products in a timely matter.
- Our company's strength is in its diversity. Our ambidextrous arm (Cavalier Engineering) enables us to provide qualityaustralian made products at competitive prices. Our retail steel stores add to our buying power, which our engineering store can capitalise on reduced prices. This puts us ahead of our competitors who only manufacture. Our sustainability statement sums up our secret to success. "We will wing by delivering product quality and performance second to none!. Our competitive advantage will be achieved through; Professional customer service, A positive skilled team environment, 100% customer satisfaction, Guaranteed competitive pricing. This will be sustained through continuous improvement and implementation of world's best practice." Another key factor in our success is the education level and experience of the Directors, and key staff.
- Key customers
- National: BlueScope Distribution - Cavalier Livestock Handling Equipment, and their own generic equipment which we fabricate, Goverment: Local Councils, Main Roads Department- Steel supplies including building products, and light fabricated steel. Interstate: Violet Town Rural - own branded livestock handling equipment.
- Key Partners
- Maryborough and Wacol Correctional Centres are one of our key partners for our simple fabricated lines. Our business has two trading names Budget Steel and Cavalier Engineering. Both are under one ABN. Our key suppliers are BlueScope Distribution and One Steel.
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- working towards IS0 9000
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.