- Company Name
- Cornell Design Pty Ltd
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 80 142 496 124
- Unit 1/28 Bennet Avenue Melrose Park SA 5039
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Phil Cornell
- Managing Director
- Company Overview
Cornell Design offers, professional mechanical and electrical designers (drafters) to work as part of our client’s engineering design teams, at times when companies need some additional or specialist capacity. The majority of our work is carried out at our client’s premises for their convenience and the best outcomes for their projects.
All of our 20 designers are full time employees from time-served, trade backgrounds. Most of our mechanical design work is performed in either SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor (and AutoCAD for 2D work) and our electrical work in AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD LT. Cornell Design has operations in South Australia and Victoria.
Cornell Design represents an affordable, low-risk and scalable solution to fulfil the demanding and ever-changing requirements of our client’s design and engineering teams. Most placement requests are satisfied within 1-2 working days.
- Mechanical Design and Drafting
- Electrical Design and Drafting
- Product Design and Development
- Reverse Engineering
- 'Australianisation' of overseas drawings and data
- Showcase Capability
Cornell Design has a proven capability of working with overseas defence companies in assisting them with not just mechanical and electrical drafting but also in 'Australianisation' of their data. In particular this can extend to reaching out into our broad client network to simplify local manufactured content and input. Clients that have benefited from this capability include:-
Supacat (UK Special Forces Vehicles)
ASC Shipbuilding (AWD)
- All our designers are full time employees (we do not contract, sub-contractors)
- All our designers are from time-served, trade backgrounds
- We only provide CAD services with designers who are experts in operating their design suite software
- Key customers
- Supacat (Special Forces vehicles)
- ASC Shipbuilding (AWD)
- Ultra Electronics
- Daronmont Technologies
- Key Partners
- SAGE Automation
- J & H Williams
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.