- Company Name
- BMT Design & Technology
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 74 112 778 444
- Level 5, 99 King St, Melbourne 3000
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Trevor Dove
- Maritime Engineering Lead
- +61 3 8620 6169
- Company Overview
BMT Design & Technology is an independent engineering consultancy with key skills covering:
• Marine Engineering
• Risk and Safety Management
• Engineering Management
• Program and Project Management
• Cost Estimating and Modelling
• Research and Development.
Our engineers and naval architects provide their services to the defence, government, mining, resource and transport sectors.
At the heart of BMT Design & Technology is a dedicated, highly motivated and qualified workforce, whose core skills and experience form the basis of a capability to deliver tailored solutions to customer requirements, drawing on the combined experience of individuals with backgrounds in the armed services, government defence agencies and related commercial industries.
The company is growing organically by recruiting graduates from Australian tertiary education institutions as well as more experienced naval architects, engineers and specialists with appropriate knowledge, skills and experience.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Risk Management
- Safety Management
- Cost Modelling & Analysis
- Asset Management
- Fire Safety Egineering
- Showcase Capability
Cost Modelling & Analysis - A range of techniques are utilised by our expert team to provide an understanding of the costs incurred and the value derived.
Engineering Support - Our expert team of engineers provide structural engineering naval architecture, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering services over a wide range of maritime applications.
Tender Evaluation - Development of tender documentation and specifications and assessment of tender responses.
Safety Management - Safety management services to maritime and defence industries through all phases of a product lifecycle.
Fire Safety Engineering - Fire safety engineering services to assist in the protection of human life and assets.
- Independence - As an employee benefit trust, BMT are not affected by owners, shareholders or any other outside influence.
- World-wide source of SQEP - The BMT Group has offices across the globe, with major centres of Submarine expertise being drawn from in the UK, Canada and the USA.
- Key customers
- Department of Defence
- P&O Maritime
- Victoria Water Police
- Australian Valuation Solutions
- Key Partners
- BMT Group
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001:2008
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.