- Company Name
- Beak Engineering (Aust)
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 7 Walker St Braeside VIC 3195
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Phillip Shirley
- Business Development Manager
- 03 95870255
- Company Overview
BEAK is a wholly Australian owned company that was originally established to provide support to the aviation systems on board Royal Australian Navy (RAN) ships, in particular the RAST helicopter landing system, and more recently expanded to become Australia’s largest manufacturer of ground power equipment embedded in Australia’s manufacturing industry.
Beak has a highly qualified engineering capability in the fields of mechanical, electrical, maritime and aeronautical engineering.
Programs and products alike are developed to support our customers’ needs through cost reduction strategies, engineering design and development advancement, OH&S and environmental improvements.
Based in Melbourne Australia, Beak has representation and alliances in Canada, US, Asia, Middle East, Europe and the UK. Our approach to business covers a global market.
- Through life support including field service, obsolence management, warehousing, survey & analysis, R&O, materiel acquisition
- Showcase Capability
BEAK Engineering specialises in the survey and analysis, repair and overhaul, maintenance and materiel acquisition for:
*TAHS (towed array handling systems)
*Waste management systems
*Rudder/stern plane control systems
*Hyraulic power units
*Variable speed drives
*Aux electric Propulsion
*Auto depth keeping systems
*Retractable Aux thrusters
*Bow stabiliser control systems
Other services provided by BEAK Engineering include:
Testing and certification on RAN vessels.
Maintenance of Defence sound-powered and powered communication systems, together with design, sourcing, implementation and certification of electrical systems as a registered electrical contractor;
Provision of training to RAN personnel; and
Maintenance and repair of marine waste management systems,
Calibration and repair of electronic test equipment.
- Beak is the AUS/NZ repair authority for Indal Technologies equipment including the RAST (Recover, Asist, Secure, Traverse) and ASIST (Aircraft Ship Intergrated Secure and Traverse) and TAHS.
- Beak manages all the assets for the above named systems for Defence through a Beak managed 3PL TLS model in the form of a 3500 district warehouse contract
- In 2012 Beak Engineering was awarded with a contract to support the RAN in a capacity which is aligned to a Third Party Supply Chain Manager concept (TPSCM ). The Beak support services provided under this contract include; • Warehousing (3 sites; Two in Victoria and one in WA encompassing over 10,000 sq mtrs) • Procurement • Transportation • Asset maintenance on stored items • Obsolescence management • Key asset modification proposals • Modified repair and maintenance schedules to reduce key asset failures.
- Key customers
- MCPSPO, NASPO, FFGSPO, FFHSPO, Thales, NSM, BAE Systems
- Beak has provided worldwide URDEF support for FFGSPO, FFHSPO, THALES and NSM.
- Beak provides complete TLS for MCPSPO for the RAST and has saved the DoD millions or dollars and reduced platform downtime and increased the aviation capabilities of both FFH and FFG platforms
- Key Partners
- Indal Technologies (Curtiss-Wright Corp)
- ECA Group
- WR Davis
- Mace Engineering
- TM Systems
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- ISO 9001
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.