- Company Name
- AME Systems (VIC) Pty Ltd
- Company ABN/ACN/NZBN
- 25 605 571 220
- 18 Gordon St, Ararat, Victoria, 3377
- Web Address
- Number of Employees
- Is your company a small to medium enterprise (SME)?
- Is your company a product or service orientated business?
- Does your company currently supply directly to the ADF or Department of Defence?
- Does your company currently supply directly to a Defence prime contractor?
Industry and Defence Engagement
- Member of an industry group or association
Primary Point of Contact
- Adam Burger
- Sales Manager
- Company Overview
AME Systems (Vic) is a leading Australian owned designer and manufacturer of quality electrical wiring harness, power and signal distribution systems for heavy truck, bus, trains, mining, aviation, marine, military armoured vehicle, emergency vehicle, fixed electrical plant and other commercial application industries.
Based in Ararat, Western Victoria with a modern facility of some 13,000 square metres with a team of approximately 300 highly skilled staff we service the electrical harness, power and distribution needs of small to large company requirements, both locally and internationally. We also stock a vast range of components to meet the needs of our customers, from a single circuit to a full vehicle set.
A finishing, distribution and service centre operates out of Kilsyth in Melbourne.
Increased and constant training of staff in technical and non- technical aspects of the business, remaining globally competitive in our offerings as a business on the latest technology.
Partnering with equipment suppliers to ensure AME Systems (Vic) has world’s best practice manufacturing capabilities.
Deliver world class quality (50PPM) in full and on time across our customer base.
Deliver cost savings in partnership with customers for mutual benefit.
Reduce cost of manufacture where possible through continuous improvement, reduction of all types of waste and the use of technology.
Diversification by offering a greater level of service to our customers, via value-add products and services.
- CAD 3D drawing and design.
- Custom made battery cables.
- Wiring harness from a single circuit to a complete electrical system.
- Full assembly of dashboards, electrical control boxes, and other high value added assemblies.
- Supply for both low and high volume requirements.
- Manufacture to IPC WHMA A-620 & Military Specifications
- Showcase Capability
Now manufacture and fully function test radio frequency cables - Currently supplying these for a project for Supacat.
Joint Venture in place with a Malaysian company currently brining in high volume product into Australia.
- 30+ years experience in wire harness manufacture
- Capability to design complete vehicle electrical systems
- Rapid prototype capability
- Lean manufacturer
- Continuous Improvement culture promoting innovation and cost reduction
- Key customers
- Thales - Supplying all wire harnesses and dash assemblies for Bushmaster including through life support
- Supacat - Supplying RF cables, wire harness and dash assembly
- Kenworth Trucks - Supplying wire harness and value add assemblies including dash
- Mahindra Aerospace - Supplying wire harness
- Caterpillar - Supplying wire harness, value add assemblies and control boxes
- Alstom - Supplying wire harness
- Key Partners
- T.E Connectivity
- Tycab Australia
- Cambridge Technologies
Standards and Accreditations
- Standards and Accreditations
- Manufacture to IPCWHMA-620
Publisher's Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information printed in this Capability Portal. However, the Publishers accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.